Standard Party Rentals is a family owned and operated company that has set the standard for event rentals in the Bay Area since 1984. Our trendsetting approach to creating memorable events is rooted in our understanding that clients need a “go to” partner for event rentals. We pride ourselves in offering the essentials to enhance any special event with the highest levels of quality and exceptional service.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to maintain our company’s standard of excellence in the position of Business Development Manager in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Business Development Manager position must have 2 years + of prior Sales experience in the Events/Hospitality Industry. Ideal candidates for the Business Development Manager position will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with knowledge of event rentals, catering equipment, and event furniture/decor. He or she must have experience researching market trends, targeting prospects and developing business strategies.
The Business Development Manager will build strong relationships with current and prospective clients, generate and increase sales and assist the events and the operations teams to ensure all events are executed to clients’ standards. This opportunity provides hands-on training, competitive benefits and a supportive work environment.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current clients and identify new prospects.
- Possess a strong understanding of our products and services, our competition in the industry and positioning in the market.
- Follow the latest industry trends and developments and stay up to date on competition.
- Business Development Managers will retain and manage clients within assigned accounts through consistent contact.
- Build new client relationships via prospecting and research.
- Work closely with the events team and the operations team to ensure that all details of event orders are executed to company standards and client expectations.
- Business Development Managers will acquire and maintain knowledge of existing and ever-growing rental inventory in their applications.
- Achieve and exceed all sales goals and quotas.
- Business Development Manager will possess a full understanding of company pricing structure.
- Business Development Manager will become proficient in usage of event rental software and database systems.
- Business Development Manager will extensively prepare quotes, reservations, and sales reports.
- Business Development Manager and sales team will attend industry and networking events.
Offer company proposals, create urgency, and close business in a timely fashion.
Act as on-site contact for complicated installations/key events.
Business Development Manager will resolve customer concerns in a positive and efficient manner.
Manage payments and final billing/invoices.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned to the Business Development Manager – as needed.
- Must have at least 2 years of prior sales experience, preferably within the events/hospitality industry.
- Ideal candidates will also have prior experience/knowledge of event rentals, event furniture/decor, catering equipment, tenting, etc.
- Business Development Managers must have solid listening, negotiating, and closing skills.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
- Must possess a strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical to staff members and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have high energy and has the ability to work with like-minded individuals in a creative environment.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a plus.
- Local travel is required.
- Competitive Pay/Salary/401k.
- Health Insurance Options.
- Hands-On Training.
- Paid Holidays.
Competitive salary package including PTO, Holiday Pay, Benefits, & 401(k)
NO PHONE CALLS FROM RECRUITERS OR CANDIDATES
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status